Disruption, Leadership in Crisis, and Re-Imagining the Promise of Higher Education
The EdUp Experience President Series #1
Join us as we have a fascinating conversation with Scott Pulsipher, President of Western Governors University. He gives us priceless insights into the winning formula he and his team have used to propel his institution to amazing success in online learning, competency-based learning with more than 120,000 current online students and a global network of more than 170,000 graduates.
● [03.35] Scott Pulsipher chronicles his journey to becoming the President of Western Governors University
● [08.36] Scott Pulsipher explains how the unique model used at WGU is poised to reinvigorate the promise of higher education
● [12.40] Scott Pulsipher breaks down exactly how the WGU model works and the benefits of competency-based learning to increase accessibility for the 120,000 students the university services
● [17.15] Scott Pulsipher explains how the competency-based model addresses tuition affordability and financial aid debt
● [20.00] Scott Pulsipher outlines how his leadership role has evolved since the onslaught of COVID-19
● [27.35] Scott Pulsipher describes why competency-based education has had its detractors and why it should be considered as a way to deliver student-centered, workplace-ready personalized learning
● [34.15] Scott Pulsipher explains why higher education needs to push innovation and embrace disruption in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic crisis
● [38.35] Scott Pulsipher describes how the faculty-student relationship is central to the WGU mission and how colleges and universities can optimize that relationship for improved student outcomes
● Becker Media is our sponsor
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
● If you want to get involved, leave us a comment!
● Visit us at The EdUp Experience.
Thanks for listening!